Personal Data You Provide
To access or use certain portions of our website or enjoy its full functionality, or otherwise in conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, we may ask you to provide personal data to us in the following ways:
- by filling in forms (for example, a ‘Contact Us’ form) on our website, or by downloading documentation from our website;
- by subscribing to newsletters or other communications (including our support chat functions);
- by engaging in our community forums;
- by engaging with us through social media;
- by participating in a survey for our customer support services;
- by searching for locations of third-party distributors who sell our products;
- by corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise using our contact details; or
- by applying for a job, work placement or apprenticeship by emailing or mailing us your application to the contact details provided on our respective recruitment platform or website
The personal data you may give us can include; your name, title, academic qualifications and certificates, address, contact information, description of your profession, sector or business activity. We may also require other personal details necessary to resolve any enquiries or complaints.
Where you are applying for a job, work placement, or apprenticeship, you may, per applicable laws, be asked to provide additional information. This could include details about your education, employment history and right to work, under a specific privacy notice for role candidates.
This personal data is required to enter into a contract with you (such as in anticipation of an employment contract, or a services agreement), or to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide services at your request).
Failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide you with the requested services, or products, or consider your employment application.
Personal Data We Collect
When you visit our website, our server automatically collects certain browser, or device generated information, which in some cases constitute personal data, including but not limited to:
- your domain;
- your IP address;
- your date, time and duration of your visit on our website;
- your browser type;
- your operating system;
- your page visits;
- information from third parties;
- other information about your computer or device;
- internet traffic
We do not use this data to try to identify you by name, and we do not associate it with the information you provide voluntarily, as detailed throughout this policy.
🍪 Cookies 🍪
Why & How We Will Use Your Data
We will only process and use your data if there is a justifiable reason for doing so. The following is an overview of the justifications for processing data and how we use your data.
Additional details on how we process your data may be provided in a separate notice or contract if deemed necessary.
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: To provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested from us; to provide after-sales support; to process and complete certain transactions involving the website, and more generally transactions involving Trenchex’s products and services; to review your job application, or to provide product information you have requested; to perform a contract which you have entered into with us;
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation:
To keep accounting records and evidence of online sales, or to verify employment eligibility;
- The processing is of legitimate interest, and do not override your interests and fundamental rights. These can include:
- To send you materials concerning our products and services that are relevant to you;
- To evaluate transactions involving the website or our products and services;
- To operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the website (including monitoring and analysing trends, access to, and use the website for marketing and marketing research);
- To evaluate, improve and develop our products and services generally;
- To customise our website to meet users needs;
- To engage you about events, promotions, the website and Trenchex’s products and services;
- To send you marketing communications, for example, we may use contact information such as your email, to send you newsletters, special offers or promotions, or to otherwise contact you about Trenchex or third-party products which you have already benefitted from, or information that may interest you;
- To correspond with users to resolve any queries or complaints;
- To protect and ensure safety of the website, Trenchex confidential and propriety information and Trenchex employees;
- To manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws and regulations;
- You have consented to the processing:
To credit you on our website as a satisfied customer/ Trenchex dealer.
Trenchex will not sell or rent your data to third parties.
We may use your data to periodically send you direct marketing communications about products, or related services that may be of interest to you.
This will be in the form of emails or post.
Where opt-in consent is required, we will ask for your consent.
Disclosure Of Personal Data
Due to the nature of the services we provide, for example, Machine Warranty, from time to time it will be necessary to share your data with affiliated, third-party businesses, such as an approved Trenchex Warranty Agent. Where this is necessary, you will be consulted and informed, you have the right to deny this process, however, please be mindful that this could affect the service you require, as mentioned above.
Trenchex aims to safeguard and protect your data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destructions or accidental loss. Trenchex employs, utilises and maintains certain reasonable processes, systems, and technologies to do so.
However, no transmission over the internet is completely secure or error-free. The processes, systems and technologies utilised and maintained by Trenchex, are subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Retention Of Your Personal Data
By general rule, we only keep the personal data we process for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
In general, we retain your data for a period corresponding to a statute of limitation that sets out the period during which legal claims may be filed in court. For example, we will retain your data during the limitation period to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us.
However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other period, for instance where Trenchex is required to do so following legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to so by a legal process, authority or governmental entity, for so long as required.
- Right of access, rectification and erasure – you have the right to request access to, and obtain a copy of any of your data that we may hold. You also have the right to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you, and to request the deletion of your data under certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent – where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications. To do so, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails, or otherwise contact us directly and we will remove you from our mailing list.
- Data portability – where we are relying (as the justification for processing) upon your consent, or the fact that the processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party, or to take steps at your request before entering a contact, and the personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict our processing of your data (that is, allow only its storage) where:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data, until we have taken sufficient steps to verfiy or correct its accuracy;
- Where the processing. isunlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal data;
- Where we no longer need your data for the processing, but you require such personal data for the establishment, exercis or defense of legal claims; or
- Where you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds, pending verification as to whether we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing;
Where your data is subject to restriction, we will only process is with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Changes To This Notice & Contact Information
For other changes, please check back frequently to see any updates, or amendments to this policy.
Trenchex Power Products LTD
Telephone: 01889 565155